With the weather warming up, there's nothing better than ice cream to help you start living the Summer-time dream. Here with a delicious recipe that is not only deliciously sweet and indulgent, but also dairy free and vegan for every one to enjoy, Escape and Bake have created these divine magnum 'ice creams.' Filled with homemade Nutella, vanilla cashew ice cream and coated in decadent raw chocolate, they're perfect way to start celebrating the sun.
Here's what you need...
For the Nutella
- 200g hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 150ml maple syrup
For the vanilla cashew 'ice cream'
- 200g cashews (soaked in water overnight)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 vanilla pod, deseeded
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 150ml almond milk
For the chocolate coating
- 100g cacao butter
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
To make the Nutella
- Roasting tray
- Food processor
- Ice lolly moulds
1) Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2) Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray and roast for 10 mins. Allow to cool completely.
3) Place the roasted hazelnuts into the food processor and blitz for 10-15mins. Until hazelnut butter forms.
4) Add the cacao powder and maple syrup and blitz for a further 3 mins.
To make the vanilla cashew ‘ice cream’:
1) Drain and rinse the cashews. Place in a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients and purée on high speed until smooth and creamy.
2) Spoon your vanilla cashew ‘ice cream’ into the ice lolly mould to half way. Add some Nutella and continue layering ice cream with the Nutella to create a marble effect.
3) Place the moulds into the freezer to set overnight.
To make the chocolate coating
1) Melt the raw cacao butter in a heat proof bowl over a pan with simmering water, stirring gently.
2) Once melted, take the bowl off the heat and leave to cool for 5 mins. Whisk in the cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
3) Remove the moulds from the freezer and dip into the melted chocolate, then place onto a tray lined with baking paper. Place in the freezer to set for 10mins.
4) Repeat the previous step to add another coat of chocolate and leave to set.
Find more delicious recipes inspiration from escapeandbake.com, Instagram @escape_bake, and come and sample their delicious treats at Balance Festival this May!