Updated as at 11th April 2017
Balance Inc Limited is committed to protecting your privacy.
Balance Inc will never pass any of your contact details on to third parties.
We will only use your personal information to contact you about Allegra Group products that we think are relevant to you.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
These are the official Terms and Conditions (the “T&Cs”) for Balance Inc. Ltd (the “Event”). For the purpose of these official T&Cs, the Event means collectively Balance Festival™ and all associated activities relating to the Event, including various fitness workshops (the “Workshops”) and the Balance Festival Urban Triathlon (the “Urban Tri”). The Event will be held on 12 - 14 May 2017 at The Old Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, London, E1 6QR.
By registering and participating in the Event, the entrant (the ‘Entrant
’) agrees to be bound by these T&Cs.
1. THE EVENT
Ltd is hosting Balance Festival, a health and wellness festival attracting consumers and trade. The Event is being held at The Old Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, London, E1 6QR. The event is split over the 12 -14 May 2017. Each day also is split into the following sessions:
FRIDAY 12 MAY 2017
Industry Session: 10:00 – 17:00
Consumer Session: 16:00 – 22:00
VIP Trade: 10:00 – 22:00
VIP Full Day: 10:00 – 22:00
SATURDAY 13 MAY 2017
Session 1: 10:00 – 15:00
Session 2: 14:00 – 19:00
VIP Full Day: 10:00 – 19:00
Urban Tri & VIP Package: 7:00 – 19:00
SUNDAY 14 MAY 2017
Session 1: 10:00 – 15:00
Session 2: 14:00 – 19:00
VIP Full Day: 10:00 – 19:00
The Balance Festival Fitness Workshops are ‘add on’ activities (workout sessions) which can be purchased and pre-booked when purchasing the main Balance Festival ticket. These can also be added onto the booking after the Balance Festival ticket has been purchased.
3. URBAN TRI
4. THE EVENT ORGANISERS
- The Urban Tri is a charity fundraising sportive part of The Event. The Urban Tri involves strenuous physical activity and consists of a multi-disciplinary fitness workout combining (1) a 25-minute High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout, (2) a 6KM Run and (3) a 30 minute cool down Yoga session.
- If the Entrant is purchasing a Saturday Urban Tri & VIP Package, they are agreeing to these T&Cs for Balance Festival, The Urban Tri and Workshops.
- Entrants are also aware that they will need to agree to separate T&Cs and a Disclaimer specifically for the Urban Tri. All of the below mentioned T&Cs apply in respect to cancellation, behaviour and the Entrants well-being.
- The Event is a charity initiative supporting the charity Project Waterfall. After registering the Event, the participant will be sent through details on how to set up their donation page and will be contacted by the donations team. Participants are not committed to raise a target, but the Event sets out a suggested target of £150.00 per participant.
The Event is organised by. Balance Inc.
Ltd whose registered number is 10052705 and whose registered office is at Balance Inc. Ltd, Walkden House, 10 Melton Street, London, NW1 2EB. Balance Inc.
Ltd reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate this Event at any time if it cannot be operated, conducted or completed as planned due to reasons beyond the reasonable control of Balance Inc. Ltd. In the event of cancellation, another date will be provided at a location determined by Balance Inc.
Ltd in its sole discretion. A refund may be provided if a consumer cannot attend the rescheduled date or location, at the discretion of Balance Inc. Ltd.
The Event includes Workshops, some of which are hosted by Balance Inc.
Ltd and some are hosted by third parties, seen in the list below. These Workshops will be taking place in studios and on stages throughout the event. For the purpose of these T&C’s the term ‘studio’ refers to any place a Workshop is taking place. Workshop Hosts include, but are not limited to:
5. WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Barrys Bootcamp
- Third Space
- Xtend Bar
- Collision Style
The Event is open to those who:
- Are over 18 years of age on the day of the Event, or,
- Are under 18 years of age and accompanied by an adult (parent or guardian), and,
- Have a valid ticket or purchase a ticket on the door
The Workshops are open to those who:
- Are over 13 years of age on the date of the Event
- Are between the ages 18 and 13 and accompanied by an adult (parent or guardian), and,
- Have booked and paid for a valid Workshop at The Event, and,
- Deem themselves as fit and well to take part in the Workshops
Participation is void where any of the above is not met. By booking a workshop you represent and warrant that you are 13 or older and that you agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions. Any registration by anyone under the age of 13 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of the event T&Cs.
6. WHAT ARE THE ENTRY CONDITIONS?
7. WORKSHOPS CHANGES
- Entry per ticket is limited to one (1) entry per person and any additional, subsequent entries will be void. Receipt of ticket purchase will be acknowledged at the end of the registration and payment process. There will also be a number of tickets available on the door, these will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The Entrant warrants that the information submitted in the online entry form (and any other information supplied to Balance Inc. Ltd or any other third party in relation to the Event) is provided truthfully and accurately. Incomplete or illegible entries, or those which are not submitted in accordance with the entry instructions, will be invalid and the Entrant will be denied entry into the Event. Balance Inc. Ltd is not responsible for undelivered forms submitted or for any computer malfunction in connection with any entry and incomplete or illegible entries will not be accepted and will only be able to access the event by purchasing tickets on the door, on a ‘first-come-first serve’ basis. No responsibility will be accepted for any lost, delayed or damaged entries or for actions or inactions by the Entrant (No expenses including without limitations travel and accommodation expenses incurred in connection with the Event will be paid by Balance Inc. Ltd).
- Participation in the Event is voluntary. Should the Entrant not participate in the Event, the Entrant will not be afforded no additional a refund or compensation.
- All costs associated with participation in the Event, in particular travel to and from the Event location, shall be covered by the Entrant. Balance Inc. Ltd is not responsible for any costs associated with participation.
- If the Entrant purchases Workshops for Balance Festival, they will not be able to cancel or replace the Workshops purchased. It is left at the sole discretion of the Event Organisers to decide if this can be done.
9. HOW DO I REGISTER?
- This contract is made between the Entrant and Balance Inc. Ltd. If the Entrant is purchasing tickets for more than one person, on signing these terms and conditions that Entrant (person purchasing the ticket) is accepting the terms and condition for all of the ticket holders (Entrants) they have purchased tickets for. The Entrant takes responsibility for these ticket holders and accepts the terms and conditions on their behalf. Any disputes will need to be made through the Main Entrant (ticket purchaser).
10. LICENSE TO USE COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND IDEAS
- Registration for the Event will open on 3 October 2016 and continues until the Event is over or until all places have been filled, whichever is soonest. The Entrant should follow the registration procedure to enter the Event as follows: Visit the Balance Inc. Ltd website: http://www.balance-festival.com/ and purchase a ticket, where the Entrant will be asked to register their details and create an online account. The Entrant will then be able to add Workshops to the booking. After payment the Entrant will then receive the booking confirmation via email. The Entrant will need to provide this booking confirmation as well as a valid ID to gain access to the Event and Workshops.
- This website is intended solely for Users who are 13 years of age or older. Any registration by, use of or access to the website by anyone under 13 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of these T&C’s.
- In order to participate in the Event, the Entrant will supply personal information which will be processed by virtue of their participation. This includes the personal data included in this form, in connection with registration and other personal data processed through the Event itself. Balance Inc. Ltd will process this personal information for the purposes of administering the Event and for the specific purposes described here in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy law. By accepting these T&C’s, the Entrant consents to Balance Inc. Ltd using your personal information to keep the Entrant up to date about other similar events and news.
11. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY NOTICE
- The Entrant hereby grants to Balance Inc. Ltd a perpetual license to use all comments, feedback and ideas the Entrant shares with them, without notice, compensation or prior consent, for any purposes whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services and creating, modifying or improving products and services.
12. HOW SHOULD I CONDUCT MYSELF?
- Participation in or attendance at the Event involves inherent risks and dangers of accidents, personal and bodily injury (including death) and property loss or damage. These may result from Entrant’s own actions or inactions, as well as the actions or inactions of others, and the condition of the facilities. Further, there may be other risks not known to the Entrant and not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- By agreeing to these T&C’s the Entrant has considered the nature and extent of the risks involved, inspected and satisfied himself or herself with the facilities and the Entrant voluntarily chooses to assume all risks involved in the Event, both known and unknown.
- The Entrant consents to treatment in the event of an emergency or other incident in which, in the reasonable judgment of the on-site personnel, the Entrant requires medical care. Balance Inc. Ltd and the Workshop Hosts are not responsible or liable for any injuries or damages the Entrant may sustain that result from their participation in the Event (save for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of Balance Inc. Ltd or Workshop Hosts).
13. WHAT IF I GET INJURED?
- The Entrant accepts that he/she has a duty to participate in a manner which is as safe as reasonably possible and, in particular, to abide by the rules of the Event, adhere to the safety information and instructions and take reasonable care to avoid dangerous situations and to look after both the Entrant and other Entrants. The Entrant also understands that the consequences of any failure to comply with such rules might include loss of the Entrant’s eligibility to take part in future similar events.
- The Entrant authorizes and permits Balance Inc. Ltd, the Event medical personnel, physicians, paramedics and other medical personnel to administer first aid treatment or any medical treatment or transportation in the event the Entrant suffers any illness, accident or injury in connection with the Event or any other incident occurs following which, in the reasonable judgment of the on-site personnel, he/she requires medical care.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Entrant agrees that the he/she will pay their own medical emergency expenses, transportation expenses and all subsequent medical expenses which arise out of any illness, accident or injury he/she may suffer as a result of their participation in the Event.
- The Entrant agrees that if he/she becomes ill during or after the Event and receives medical attention or treatment from the Event medical personnel provider, or any doctor or hospital, he/she authorizes such persons to provide their details (including details of medical treatment given to Entrant) to Balance Inc. Ltd and/or others authorised by Balance Inc. Ltd, subject to maintaining appropriate medical confidentiality, to enable Balance Inc. Ltd to prepare a report of the incident and retain such a report for internal purposes only.In this instance, all personal information obtained will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
15. FILM & VIDEO RELEASE
- Balance Inc. Ltd does not provide the Entrant with any insurance, either life, travel, medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, loss, or damage that may arise in connection with their participation in or attendance at the Event, including without limitation the associated activities. If personal insurance of any kind is desired, this is optional and the Entrant must obtain it themselves. Insurance, all expenses and incidentals not mentioned above are the responsibility of the Entrant in any or all activities associated with this Event is voluntary. In the event that the Entrant elects not to take part in any or all designated activities forming part of the Event, the Entrant will be afforded no additional compensation in exchange therefore or refund. Further, the Entrant warrants that the he/she is not aware of any pre-existing medical conditions or injuries which would place the Entrant at risk through participation in the Event or, if the Entrant does have any such conditions or injuries, the Entrant undertakes to disclose them in writing to Balance Inc. Ltd prior to participating in the Event so that Balance Inc. Ltd can determine whether (at its sole discretion) the Entrant may participate.
16. BALANCE INC LTD RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY
- Balance Inc. Ltd and other associated parties authorised by Balance Inc. Ltd may photograph or film the Event for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. The Entrant hereby consents and agrees that photographs, film and video may be taken whilst participating in the Event and associated activities. To the extent permitted by law, the Entrant irrevocably grants Balance Inc. Ltd and its associated entities and, where authorised by Balance Inc. Ltd, third party commercial partners, the right indefinitely and throughout the world, without any expectation of compensation, to use the Entrant’s photograph, video, image, likeness or other recorded media obtained in connection with the Event in any media, including, but not limited to television, the internet, magazines, product catalogues and brochures, point-of-purchase videos and displays, and any other printed or written material in connection therewith, for the purpose of advertising, promoting, marketing, and selling Balance Inc. Ltd and associated entities products and/or promoting the Event.
17. CANCELLATION POLICY
- The Entrant understands and acknowledges that Balance Inc. Ltd shall at all times be entitled to refuse their attendance at, and/or their participation in Event activities if the Entrant does not comply with this agreement or with the directions of Balance Inc. Ltd staff or representatives at the Event. This includes, but is not limited to, the Entrant being under the influence of alcohol.
18. OTHER TERMS
- The Entrant understands that their participation in the Event is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash at any point of the purchase as stated in clause six (6).
- By participating in the Event, the Entrant agrees to be bound by these T&Cs and the decisions of Balance Inc. Ltd, which shall be final. Any violation of these T&Cs may result in disqualification of the Entrant. If the Entrant is unable to attend and participate in the Event, no refund will be paid to the Entrant. For safety and to maximize the Entrant’s event experience, those that do not have all prescribed items will not be permitted to participate. Participation in additional activities available at the Event on the Event day is optional and may incur an additional cost.
- In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Event is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problems, Balance Inc. Ltd may, in its sole discretion, suspend the Event to address the impairment and then resume the Event in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these T&Cs. Balance Inc. Ltd reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove and ban any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Event or to be acting in violation of these T&Cs or in an unsportsmanlike, inappropriate or disruptive manner, or who might, in the reasonable opinion of Balance Inc. Ltd, bring the Balance Inc. Ltd brand into disrepute.
- Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Event may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Balance Inc. Ltd reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Failure by Balance Inc. Ltd to enforce any term of these T&Cs shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. To the extent permitted by law, by participating in the Event, the Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Balance Inc. Ltd, its parent and related entities, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents and any social media platforms used in relation to the promotion of the Event (the “Released Parties”) from and indemnify them against any sum, damage, loss, charge, expense, claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Event or receipt or use of a gift, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Event; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Event or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Event or receipt or use of any gift.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law and with the exception of liability for gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the Released Parties, the Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action (i) the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of participating in the Event, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for legal fees and (ii) the Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever that may arise in connection with these T&Cs or the Entrant's participation in the Event. The Entrant confirms that he/she will not publish or post to any website or social media platform or other media operated by Balance Inc. Ltd or related to the Event any text, statement, photograph, image or other material which is obscene, defamatory, infringes the intellectual property or other legal rights of any third party or is otherwise unlawful, offensive, discriminatory or inappropriate. Balance Inc. Ltd will have the right to remove any material at its discretion and take appropriate legal action against any person found to be or alleged to be in breach of this clause.
- These T&Cs and any disputes arising in connection thereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England. If for any reason, a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of these T&Cs will still be applicable and in full force and effect.