31 July 2019
Recipe: The Abundance Bowl
This delicious bowl of goodness combines three of our favourite things - creamy tahini dressing, hummus, and spinach + quinoa patties. Add in a refreshing rocket, grated cauliflower and red cabbage salad, and a sprinkle of goji berries, and it's the perfect year-round salad.
This delicious bowl of goodness combines three of our favourite things - creamy tahini dressing, hummus, and spinach and quinoa patties. Add in a refreshing rocket, grated cauliflower and red cabbage salad, and a sprinkle of goji berries, and it's the perfect year-round salad.
Gluten free | Wheat free | Dairy free | Refined sugar free | Vegan
For the Spinach and Quinoa Patties
- 85g raw white quinoa
- 70g fresh spinach, chopped
- 200g chickpeas
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Either 1/2 clove of fresh garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bunch (about 6 individual) spring onions, chopped
- A handful of Nigella seeds for garnish
1. Place the quinoa in a pot with 150ml water. Place on the hob, on a medium heat and cook until the water has completely evaporated. Take the pot off the heat and put the lid on for 5 minutes – this helps the quinoa to become light and fluffy.
2. Leave the cooked quinoa to cool.
3. Meanwhile, add the spinach and spring onions to a food processor and blitz until it forms a rough paste
4. Add the chickpeas and blitz again
5. Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the quinoa, and blitz again
6. Transfer the mix into a large bowl and mix in the quinoa
7. Place a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, and add 1tsp rapeseed oil. Spoon 1 tablespoon of mix into the pan at a time and press down to form a cake shape. Fry for 4 minutes before flipping and cooking for another 2 – 3 minutes.
For the Lemon Hummus
- 500g chickpeas, cooked
- 2 cloves garlic
- 40g tahini
- 80ml olive oil
- Juice and zest of 2 large lemons
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
1. Weigh out all other ingredients and put into the food processor or blender
2. Blitz the mix well until it is completely smooth
For the Salad
- ½ Cauliflower, raw
- 1 cup petit pois
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 2 generous handfuls rocket
- ½ red cabbage, shredded
- Handful of goji berries
1. Blitz the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles a cous cous consistency
2. In a bowl combine the cauliflower, petit pois, lemon zest, mint leaves, rocket and red cabbage
For the Turmeric Dressing
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 40ml filtered water
- 40ml coconut milk
- 20g tahini
- 20ml olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 20ml apple cider vinegar
To Serve (per person)
1. 1 large spoonful of the salad mix
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Use a blender if available, but it will also work by hand.
2. 1 heaped spoonful of lemon hummus
3. 3 spinach + quinoa cakes
4. Top with turmeric dressing
Check out Pollen + Grace’s website and Instagram for more delicious healthy recipes.