Whether you're baking them for a friend or treating yourself to a night in with hot choccie and a film, these friendship cookies are the perfect way to say you care.
For the cookies
140g cashew butter
20g melted coconut oil
160g (125ml) maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla or almond essence
20g GF flour
1 tsp cinnamon
For the toppings
10g walnuts or almonds, chopped small
1 tbsp rose petals, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Pour the cashew butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla or almond essence into a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Add in the oats, flour and cinnamon and stir until sticky and combined.
4. Divide the dough into 16 pieces, roll into balls and place on the lined trays. Flatten the balls down with your fingers. Bake for 12 minutes in the oven.
5. Allow to cool on the trays on a wire rack for 5 minutes (they harden as they cool) before transferring the baking sheets to the wire rack to cool fully.
6. Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the cooled cookies and sprinkle with the chopped nuts and rose petals.
Find more recipes from Nourishing Amy on her Instagram
or catch her at Balance Festival 2020