Try this vegan ramen noodle bowl recipe for a zingy dish that feels delightfully indulgent while still being chock-a-blok full of nutritious veggies.
For the main dish:
- Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 200g extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 2 pak choy, in half
- 2 large field mushrooms
- 160g corn, drained or cut from the cob
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, small diced (seeds removed for less heat)
- 2 tbsp brown rice miso paste
- 100ml coconut milk (from a tin)
- 500ml water
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 portions noodles
- Fresh coriander
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced fresh chilli
- Sliced spring onion
1. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large frying pan and add the tofu cubes, cooking on each side until golden and crisp. Add in the tamari soy sauce and stir fry for 30 seconds or until evenly coated and the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the pan.
2. Heat another 1 tbsp coconut oil in the pan and fry off the vegetables for 5 minutes until charred, but with some bite. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Return the same pan to the heat, add 1 tsp coconut oil and fry off the ginger, garlic and chilli for 2 minutes before stirring in the miso paste followed by the coconut milk and water. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to packet instructions, drain and leave to rest.
5. Divide the noodles into two bowls, top with the fried vegetables and tofu cubes and pour over the ginger, garlic and ginger miso soup. Squeeze over the fresh lime juice and top with fresh coriander, sesame seeds, sliced fresh chilli and sliced spring onion.
Find more drool-inducing recipes from Nourishing Amy on her Instagram.