If there’s one breakfast you look forward to throughout the week, it’s probably Sunday. With time to spare and ingredients in the fridge, your inner Deliciously Ella has a chance to be unleashed.
But what if you could have Sunday brunch-style, wonderfully insta-worthy, tasty-but-healthy breakfasts all throughout the week?
If you’re looking for an alternative to the bog-standard porridge and something a little more convenient than poached eggs, these quick and easy breakfast bowls will be right up your street.
For Breakfast On The Go: Green Smoothie Bowl
Light but filling, nutritious but fun - there’s nothing better than kickstarting your day with a punchy smoothie bowl.
Don’t let the colour of this green goodness bowl make you nervous. The fruity mango and earthy spinach make for a surprisingly delicious flavour combination, while the addition of avocado creates a rich, creamy texture.
Topping your smoothie bowl with fresh fruit, crunchy cacao nibs and chia seeds not only looks pretty, but also sets your digestive system up for the day.
What you’ll need:
For the smoothie:
For the toppings:
It’s super simple.
1. Add all the smoothie ingredients to a high-powered blender and blitz until smooth.
2. Pour into a bowl. Add the chopped banana, a handful of fresh blueberries and sprinkling of chia seeds and cacao nibs on top - feel free to swap in any other
For An Al-desko Treat: Blueberry & Cinnamon Bircher Bowl
A bircher bowl (or overnight oats) is a great way to save time when mornings are busy. Prep this tasty blueberry and cinnamon bowl the night before, pop it in the fridge and add your toppings before you leave the house. Easy!
What you’ll need
For the bircher:
For the toppings:
1. Add all the ingredients to a bowl or jar and stir.
2. Cover, and place in the fridge. Leave the bircher to thicken overnight.
3. In the morning, just add your toppings.
Don’t miss Almond Breeze’s All-Day Breakfast Bar at Balance Festival 2019, where you can join a mini masterclass on creating the perfect breakfast bowl, as well as try smoothie bowls!